Ability Scores: Choose one of these arrays. No two players may choose the same array.
- 17, 15, 13, 12, 11, 9 (total +6)
- 16, 15, 13, 11, 10, 7 (total +4)
- 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9 (total +8)
Allowed Races: Human, Halfling, Half-orc, Dwarf, Elf, Eladrin, Dragonborn, Tiefling, Gnome
Allowed Classes: Any from PHB, PH2, PH3, HoFL, HoFK, MP, MP2, DP, AP, PrP, PsP. The Class Compendium updates are in effect.
Powers: Any from PHB, PH2, PH3, HoFL, HoFK, MP, MP2, DP, AP, PrP, PsP. You may gain access to powers from other sources as you adventure.
Feats: Any from PHB, PH2, PH3, HoFL, HoFK, MP, MP2, DP, AP, PrP, PsP. You may also choose feats from the Dragon 368 gladiators article, “We Who are About to Die,” Ki Focus Expertise (Heroes of Shadow), or Holy Symbol Expertise (Heroes of Shadow).
Starting Equipment: Your starting 100 gp represents equipment you have been able to acquire before starting your adventuring career. You can spend your starting 100 gp on mundane equipment or common magic items from PHB, PH2, PH3, HoFL, HoFK, MP, MP2, DP, AP, PP, or the Dragon 368 gladiators article, “We Who are About to Die.”
Backgrounds: Any from PHB, PH2, PH3, HoFL, HoFK, MP, MP2, DP, AP, PrP, PsP others by permission.
Themes: Any from Dragon 399, with the official updates. (See the update document; the PDF online has not been changed yet). In particular, note the following:
- Animal Master: Animal minions grant no XP. You can replace an animal minion after one week instead of one month. An animal minion adds its master’s level to its base defenses, which are 14 for AC and one lies than printed in Dragon for NADs. For the raven, that means: AC 14 + level; Fort 9 + level; Reflex 13 + level; Will 12 + level. The dog’s base Reflex is 11, not 13.
Religion: Divine characters must serve either a god or the World Church. Ordained characters (e.g., clerics and paladins) can serve either. Non-ordained divine characters (e.g., avengers) must serve a god. Corellon is unaligned.
Alignment: All paladins’ alignments must match their deities’, though paladins of the World Church can be any alignment. This means cavaliers of sacrifice can only serve lawful good gods or the World Church, and cavaliers of valor cannot serve evil or chaotic evil gods.
Aspects: Choose three RP details that help to define your character. One way is to make up
- an “I am …” statement of being (e.g., “I am a thug,” “I am greedy,” “I am a farmboy,” etc.),
- an “I will …” statement of desire (e.g., “I will gain power by any means necessary,” “I will * gain untold wealth,” “I will escape this gods-forsaken town and join the Academy,” etc.), and
- an “I do …” statement of action (e.g., “I crush anyone who stands in my way,” “I hoard my wealth,” “When the going gets tough, I whine about it,” etc.).
The aspects you choose, as well as your background, theme, class, race, religion (if any), and alignment (if any) will give you additional ways to earn and spend action points.
Dragon and Dungeon materials: If there are options from Dragon or Dungeon you want for your character, let me know. Gaining access to those options can be a minor or major quest.